As a member of Health Equity Initiative, you join a global community that shares your passion to address the health disparities that affect our neighborhoods, cities, and populations. It’s a community of people like you, who believe that professionals from all sectors and committed citizens all wish to leave a healthier world to their children and grandchildren. It’s a community that cares about making the world a better place, and believes in partnerships and multisectoral approaches as powerful tools to advance progress and innovation.
At HEI, we strive to bridge silos and build ONE community. We know that health equity-related solutions lie within multiple professional fields as well as the efforts of committed citizens and community leaders. In this way, we are not a traditional membership organization. We are a social movement that is inspired by our core values of inclusiveness, entrepreneurship, and teamwork, among others, and our mutual understanding of each other’s contributions, organizational cultures, and measures for success, so that all can feel included.
In addition to the free resources everybody can access, when you become a member, you get instant access to member-only benefits that can help you make a difference in your work or efforts to advance health equity. You can join as an individual, or you can sign up your organization and let your staff benefit from being a part of the HEI community.
It takes a village to address health equity issue. Take your first step toward progress and become a member today!
Gain access to special rates on essential professional development and educational opportunities by HEI and its partners
- Up to 50% discount on HEI online workshops focusing on emerging strategies, trends, and tools to promoting health equity
- Free access to select archived workshops within member-only area
- 20% discount on annual subscriptions to leading peer-reviewed publications by Taylor and Francis Online, which address different topics of interest as they apply to the work of our multisectoral community
Build your network and get professional or community support as you work on advancing health equity in your professions, and communities
- Keep up to date on HEI member and partner news via a quarterly member-only newsletter, HEI Member Update, featuring member news, new resources, relevant meetings, activities, and publications
- Catch up on the latest member news, participate or suggest topics for HEI discussion forums, connect with fellow members, or access free archived webinars on the HEI website area for members only
- Contribute to HEI NEWS, the organization’s bi-annual newsletter, which reaches an average of 10,000 people via our mailing list and social media outreach
- Leverage HEI social media by submitting news on your work to be posted on our Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Participate in HEI member-only forums (both online and in-person) that will bring together community leaders with professionals from multiple sectors
- Have access to other member-only special events
Become a health equity champion and contribute to build a social movement for health equity
- Vote in HEI elections for the organization’s board of directors
- Serve on HEI member committees or volunteer for specific projects
- Sign up for HEI forming speaker bureau for members only to increase visibility of your work and share your experience at relevant events/with other organizations
- Nominate colleagues from multiple sectors, public figures, or reputable researchers for HEI’s Health Equity Champion Annual Award (to be started in Fall 2014. First Awardees in 2015)
With so many rewards awaiting you as a member of Health Equity Initiative, what are you waiting for?