HEI Summit 2018
Engaging New Allies in the Health Equity Movement: A Partnership Summit
Thursday, February 22-Friday, February 23, 2018
New York, NY
Save the Date!
About the Summit
This 2018 Summit will build on the elements that worked successfully in HEI's 2016 Summit and incorporate new themes that will expand the reach of the health equity movement. It will bring together health care professionals, community leaders, students, government staff, policymakers, community development leaders, urban planners, architects, transportation specialists, educators and public health practitioners, among others. The Summit will inform and engage participants through two distinct pathways: one dedicated to engagement through innovation think tanks and case studies on important determinants of health that emerged from the participants' feedback at the 2016 summit; and the other dedicated to presentations, training, case studies and consensus building on strategies for multisectoral partnerships via community and public engagement.
- Hear from experts from multiple sectors and disciplines
- Engage in furthering the health equity agenda by acquiring skills and training to engage new allies in the health equity movement
- Develop detailed action plans via a participatory/consultative process at our workshops on different health equity topics
- Participate in a poster Session highlighting and discussing the effects that social impact interventions have had on systems-level change for health equity or specific social determinants of health (call for posters to be issued by this summer)
- Pledge new partnerships at the conference
Specific themes and sub-themes of the 2018 summit will be announced by summer 2017 along with the summit's program. Stay tuned and save the date!
Supporters and Sponsors to date
For information on our inaugural 2016 Summit and the 2016 Summit Report and Recommendations, click here.