HEI Summit 2016
Implementing Systems-Level Change for Health Equity: A Partnership Summit
Thursday, February 25–Friday, February 26, 2016
CAI Meeting and Event Center
505 Eighth Avenue, 20th Floor
New York, NY
Thanks to all who joined us for HEI's Inaugural 2016 Partnership Summit and in the Movement for Health Equity!
Full Program: HEI Partnership Summit 2016 Final Program
Press Release: HEI Partnership Summit 2016 Press Release
About the Summit
This first-of-its-kind event aimed to offer professionals, community leaders, and students across sectors and disciplines a forum to address the systemic barriers that contribute to health inequity and to exchange ideas focused on building and sustaining a global community that works to advance health equity. Just as our Summit's organizing committee, speakers and attendees included participants from multiple disciplines who share a passion for and commitment to creating better chances for better health among underserved and vulnerable populations.
The Summit included:
- Hearing from experts from multiple sectors and disciplines
- Developing an agenda for systems- level change for health equity grounded in a multisectoral and multidisciplinary partnership approach
- Developing detailed action plans via a participatory/consultative process at our workshops on different health equity topics
- Poster Session highlighting and discussing the effects that social impact interventions have had on systems-level change for health equity or specific social determinants of health. For more information about poster categories, click here
- Pledging new partnership-based endeavors at the conference
Summit Allied Organizations
Summit Allied Organizations (SAOs) are organizations that share with HEI a strong commitment to advancing health equity, support the 2016 Summit's goals, and contributed to several strategic aspects of the Summit. We are grateful for their participation!
|(HHS Region 2)|
Thank you also to the following individual sponsors: Lenore Cooney; Alka Mansukhani; Renata Schiavo; Anonymous Donor (1).
Summit Organizing Committee 2016
|Name||HEI Affiliation/Titles||Professional Affiliations/Titles****|
|Renata Schiavo, PhD, MA||Founder and President||1) Senior Lecturer, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health
2) Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Communication in Healthcare: Strategies, Media and Engagement in Global Health, Maney Publishing
3) Founder and Principal, Strategic Communication ResourcesSM
|Samantha Cranko||Founding Vice President||Executive Director, NYC Healthcare Lead, Golin|
|Alka Mansukhani, Ph.D.||Founding Treasurer||Associate Professor, New York University School of Medicine|
|Upal Basu Roy, Ph.D, MS, MPH||Secretary||1) Director, Science Communication and Programs, LUNGevity
2) Project Leader, The Solution Lab, Inc.
|Lenore Cooney||Board Member||1) Founder and former Chair/CEO, Cooney Waters Group
2) Principal, LCooney Consulting
|Carmelo Cruz Reyes, MPH||Board Member, and Chair, Membership Committee||Senior Contract Manager, Public Health Solutions|
|Lalitha Ramanathapuram, PhD, MPH||Member||Research Scientist and Program
Coordinator, Department of Biology, New York University
|Divya Padgaonkar||Project Coordinator||MPH Candidate, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health|
** Organizational affiliations are listed here for identification purposes only and do not imply any endorsement by the organizations.